Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shoveled the walk

Wednesday is trash day.  I live in a building with 4 apartments and every Tuesday evening after work, I come home to see all the trash cans for these 4 apartments at the curb.  I do not know who puts out the trash every week, but in return, I bring all the cans back to place on the side of the porch as I leave in the morning for work on Wednesday.  This morning the trash had not yet been collected.  I'm sure the snow had delayed the garbage collectors regular schedule.  But when I got home from work, there were the cans waiting for me.  Now, someone had grabbed their can only and returned it to their spot.  Makes me wonder how people can expect that someone else will take care of the rest...but...that fifth can would have meant another trip for me, so thanks.

Since I was out in the cold already, I grabbed the shovel, which I have placed inside the front door of the building for anyone to use, and shoveled the porch, steps and front walk.  I was on a roll so I climbed up on a plasic chair from the porch to lock one of the front fench doors which someone had unlocked in order to move something large into the building and neglected to put back in place.  I have gone through those unlatched doors for over a week now.  Nope, no one else is going to do it, so I'm on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment