Friday, January 1, 2010

Cleaning out the clutter.

My plan for today was to do as little as possible and I succeeded.  I spent the majority of this first day of 2010 on the couch with my laptop cleaning out my inboxes.  I haven't finished all my inboxes (including my work email) but I made some good progress.  I think that I deleted around 1000 emails.  A good new year resolution for me would be to pick on day a week to clean out the inbox. 

In cleaning out last years' emails I got to relive a little of 2009 and refresh my memory of all the events that took place.  If I had to pick one word to define 2009 it would be busy.  I like being busy but the busyness of 2009 was for distraction.  I kept finding projects to distract me from dealing with things that I wanted to ignore.  2010 is going to be different.  I'm looking forward to working on Lynnetta and doing some things that I want to do and have wanted to do for a long time now.

Around 7:00 this evening I had a baked good withdrawl.  Last week was full of cookies and chocolates and my body longs for more.  My remedy was an oatmeal cake.  It tasts as good as it smells.  And since it is made with oatmeal, I won't feel guilty about eating it tomorrow for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment