Sunday, December 13, 2009

Found Tape B

This morning I found a cassette tape in a drawer at my grandmother's.  Tape B.  I recognized it immediately as one of the many mixed tapes I had made in my youth by spending hours waiting by the radio for the DJ to play my favorite songs so that I could release the pause button and record the song to be played over and over.  Of course I listened to the tape on my way home this evening.  Somewhere between Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel" and the song from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie entitled "T.U.R.T.L.E. Power", I had a moment where I connected with 10 year old Lynnetta.  It's sad that kids today won't have a time capsule like this one.  How many kids do you know possess a tape recorder?

So what else was on that tape?  There were several songs that were vaguly familiar to me and most of the rest I wouldn't be caught dead listening to now.  Michael Bolton's "Back On My Feet Again" anyone?  NKOTB's "Step By Step" was a fun one to sing along to during the drive.  But I think that my favorite flash back moment came when this song by Chicago started.  I had to look up the Indian Jones type video that I remember from back when MTV actually played videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment