Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Candy Making

I'm making chocolate wedding cakes, wedding bells, and interlocked hearts for my soon to be sister-in-law's wedding shower next weekend.  Seeing that the temperature is predicted to reach 90 on Monday, I decided to take advantage of the cool evening to work on the chocolate. 




For as much as I bake and love confectionery goodies, I have never melted down chocolate into molds.  I think that the turned out pretty cute, don't you?  I haven't decided if I want to offer them with the cheese and fruit trays during the wine tasting (we're having the shower at a winery) or if I want to use them as a decoration on top of the cupcakes I will be making.




Her colors are black and white so I used dark and white chocolate.  Wait till you see the super cute cupcake wrappers I found.  They are white with black fleur de lis.  I'm going to make 1/2 dark chocolate with white frosting and the other 1/2 white with dark chocolate frosting.



Chai kept me company in the kitchen, although I think she just really wanted to go outside.  I don't blame her, it's such a nice night.  But I'm not climbing out onto the roof in the dark.  Sorry little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment